April 17, 2007

Chocolate vs. kissing


Still on a high from my, um, passionate weekend with my girlfriend, I stumbled on this story that gave me pause. From the article:
    "There is no doubt that chocolate beats kissing hands down when it comes to providing a long-lasting body and brain buzz -- a buzz that, in many cases, lasted four times as long as the most passionate kiss."

Now, I love chocolate. I mean I reaaaaally love the stuff, particularly dark chocolate. That milk chocolate stuff is for lightweights. But really, as much as I love chocolate, I cannot say that these results are anywhere near accurate, in my humble opinion. A fine piece of dark chocolate might inspire a little happy dance, a sugar buzz and a brief moment of euphoria, but cannot produce the tummy flips, temperature rise and lustful out-of-body experience of a truly passionate kiss.
I have to wonder if the 20-sometings they used for this study were adept kissers, because I think that could skew the results significantly. I for one would rather subsit on truffles than bother with a bad kisser. For that matter, I could probably get a bigger high from eating a piece of liver sausage, than from playing tonsil-hockey with a bad kisser.
Luckily, I don't have to suffer that fate.....
So lets hear it. Chocolate vs. kissing: which tickles your fancy?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kissing - and I mean like, yummy, smacking kissing - is the most delicious, most beautiful and passionate thing that two people can do, bar none.

Ms. Missive said...

Kissing, by far. Whoever wrote that article is undoubtedly hooked up with a bad kisser.

ms. fits chicago said...

While I enjoy kissing far more than is rational or practical, I've got to say there are some things chocolate offers that even the best kiss cannot: the relief of PMS and cramps, a sugar rush, the heady feeling of that creaminess swirling on your tongue and leaving that film of sweetness on the roof of your mouth. [That being said, if it were a competition between chocolate and, oh, oral sex, that's a different story altogether...]