June 21, 2007

Solstice


Today marks the Summer Solstice, the longest period of daylight during the year. It's definitely Summer. Here in Chicago, it's been pretty blazing hot, and thankfully, I got my air conditioners in just in time. (Thanks, T!) There's a ton going on this weekend: first, on Saturday, a dream come true. I'll be attending the Crosstown Classic where I'll (hopefully) witness the Sox get their collective asses kicked by my beloved Cubbies. I've got a good wager going on this game that involves public humiliation and body massages. Who could ask for more?
On Sunday I'll be at the Chicago Pride parade. This year I'll be with a much larger crowd than I usually attend with, which will be a blast. I think it's impossible to come to a Pride event and be anything but happy and in a partying mood -- but we shall see. I'm certainly not gonna let anyone cramp my style on that day!
The Solstice seems like a good time to reflect on the last year, the many changes and transformations, what has brought growth to my life, as well as a good time to tap into the creative energy that is abundant at this time of year. Whether that be a new project, basking in the sunlight, transforming a relationship, or simply putting out some positive thoughts to manifest at another time, you can't go wrong by tapping into Solstice energy.

1 comment:

ms. fits chicago said...

Oddly enough, I've been feeling lots of rebirth-energy, and had the dream today to put the icing on the cake. And visited the Buddhist temple this morning. Solstice is a good time for new things. :)