April 23, 2008

A metaphor...

I've been wanting to blog a little about my surgery today, without making too big a deal of it. Trying to think of something clever to say. I didn't manage to come up with the perfect witty metaphor, but I relay this little bit of information: as I ran out of the house to shuttle the kids off to school this morning, I was greeted by a dead car battery. It wouldn't start or even show the slightest sign of life. My dad came by to give me a jump-start and help me get my car over to the repair shop this morning — as the battery was refusing to hold a charge. It needs to be replaced. So I'm getting a fancy-shmancy new battery, but because of the poor design of my 2000 Dodge, they have to take off the whole fender and wheel to get at the battery. It pretty much requires a professional installation. It should take about an hour-and-a-half. While they're poking around, I told them to check out my front tie-rods too, because they sound loose to me. I've had them replaced 5 times now, so I should know.
While this was definitely NOT what I wanted to wake to this morning, it's only a battery....everything will be fine. Or will the repair shop call and tell me that x, y, and z was discovered and blah, blah, blah? We shall see....

1 comment:

ms. fits chicago said...

Isn't it funny about the timing of things sometimes? Thinking about you today, mama. xoxo